Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Journal 1: My Playlist (Revised)

The album Highly Overdue by the group Pak X Emh is an important album to me because the members of the group are closely involved with the motocross industry. One member with the alias Justin Lucas actually has a Monster Energy Supercross title to his resume. His real name is Justin Bogle and he is an athlete in motocross that I look up to. He has a positive attitude and a hardworking personality and has impressed many critics in our sport with on the bike talent as well as off the bike talent. He has great lyrics and musical styling. This album, the week it debuted, was as high as no.2 on the iTunes best sellers list. That list included top artists like Rick Ross and Lil Wayne. No matter what genre of music you prefer, anyone can agree it is very impressive that a private record, made in spare time, by a professional athlete and his friends is impressive. What stands out the most to me are his lyrics and beats which always motivate me to achieve the goals I set and perform to the best of my ability, 100% of the time.


Another important song to me is Underground Kings by Drake.  This song has many memories attached to it.  The album Take Care by Drake was the only CD my best friend Daniel had in his Chevy S-10 during high school.  We would listen to that album everyday no matter where we were going.  Often times we listened to this song at the motocross tracks before riding or racing.  We learned every single word and we still play this song whenever we get together.  Now we both have separate lives and live far apart but this one song always brings us together, as cheesy as it sounds.  Motocross has allowed me to learn life lessons no other sport can teach you as well as connect me with many lifelong friends.  The entire action sports industry is a tight community and we are the only people who really understand the culture.  My music taste reflects the industry and lifestyle because of its upbeat motivational lyrics and beats. I believe a person’s music taste reflects the culture or community they feel they belong to.

No comments:

Post a Comment